Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Back to the past



I was searching for some music here (oh okay, it's a Brazilian website, but you can always do miracles with a dictionary). I found Boyz II Men (okay, it's not one of my favourites), and I suddenly saw news about Take That. What? Does Take That still exist?! In 1996 I was 16, and they recorded a song called "Back for Good", that became a hit here - it was part of the soundtrack of a soap opera, so you can imagine that we used to listen to it on radio all the time.

Of course, it's just a simple pop song, but it gives me a magical sensation because makes me to go back to the past. At that time I got interested in German language (that I started to study many years after) just because of a Mario de Andrade novel - that I had to read for the Literature exam to join the University - called "Amar, verbo intransitivo" (something like "Loving, an intransitive verb") whose main character is a German housekeeper that came to Brazil running away from the Second War. I think it's still one of my favourite books.

Oh! And the best part is that I found "Back for Good" video with Take That and that...er...awesome Gary Barlow. Oh gosh. He's perfect. And I love his voice, and I think that was the first time I realised the existence of the British accent! :P (Oh, I just discovered that the guy is from Manchester! ;)

The address is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=763tqdRdAZ8

Enjoy! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home