Thursday, September 29, 2005

Queens and one gentleman



Certain day I met Ian, my London friend. Ian wanted to try the new version of MSN Messenger, so he invited me to play checkers. It was a very exciting game, full of intelligent and surprising moves. Yes. The result of the game: he had four Queens and me, three. And it seemed that the game would not finish.

Ian, as a gentleman, asked me: "Would you like to call it a draw?" I said no - he had more Queens than me, therefore he had won. Ian disagreed with me and asserted that I had won. So what did the gallant Englishman do straight away? He just created opportunities so that I could destroy his Queens...oh, there are still gentlemen like the ones that existed before.

But the most interesting thing happened after the game. He said: "I used to play most nights with my Dad". Me: "I see...me too! He always won!" Ian:"Guess what? My Dad did too..." Me: "We were just children!" Ian: "Small brains. Well, that was my excuse..." Me: "Mine too..."

It gave me a nostalgic sensation. I still remember certain day when me and my father were sitting over my parents' bed, playing checkers. Of course my dad created some moves and I lost many pawns, and I got very angry because I did not know how to predict his moves! Unfortunately, nowadays Ian don't have his dad to play with him, contrary to me. But he still hold on to great memories, just as myself. This is the best part of life! :)

Ian, I loved playing with you! You're a cute and gentle friend, and a very special person :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home