Wednesday, November 02, 2005

As a diamond



__ Oh, I don’t know well...but it has to do with a diamond.

__ A diamond?

__ Yes.

He kept watching her, curious. What was that kind of answer? When he asked her the reason why she loved him, she gave him this answer. He was waiting for something like "you make me happy" or "you’re so cuddly", so he felt very confused. "This does not make sense! That’s crazy girl!"

She looked like reading his thoughts and smiled in a saucy way, as she ate the ice cream. "What does it mean? Diamond?", he thought. "The only one thing that comes to my mind is Gollum, from The Lord of The Rings, saying: My preciousss, my preciousss...but it’s obvious that it has nothing to do with that! What does she mean?"

She ordered italian ice cream with hot chocolate covering. He warned her that she would get dirty her fingers, but she did not mind – she was a determinated girl. Soon the ice cream started to melt and she, looking at him with complicity, licked her fingers, and she was not angry. His brother knew how to imitate Gollum perfectly. "My preciousss...my preciousss." She forgot to request the spade for the ice cream - or she did not ask on purpose? – and kept fighting against the sweet, that melted faster than she could eat, and it sounded her funny. "My preciouss...my preciouss." She licked her fingers again, and suddenly she realized that the wind threatened to throw drops of ice cream on her clothes. She laughed and spoke something about walking backwards, and it made him laugh too. Without showing annoyance, she started to walk following the direction of the wind, and she remembered the days when she was a child and her father bought her ice cream and said to her to walk this way, to not get dirty her clothes. He kept watching her. She laughed again, saying something about being defeated by a mix of milk, fat and chocolate. "My precious, my precious." She got dirty the mouth. He alerted her and she cleaned it with her tongue and smiled. He thought that she looked more enchanted, showing off her defiant way. She took out the rest of the cone from the napkin and ate it, so she tried to clean the finger with the napkin. It was impossible. The napkin was also dirty. Her face got a funny expression. She blew his hair and said, graciously, that needed to find a bathroom. He understood then.

__ I know what you mean. You love me because...you know you’re precious to me!

She smiled. He was anxious, waiting for her answer.

__ Love, you’re right...that’s it. How could you know that I feel this way?

__ Oh...I don’t know - he answered, laughing.

But he knew. There are things that we don’t have to say. There is a sweet and underground language that is behind the acts, is as strong as the words and is perceived by the heart…

(Thank Brian for helping me so thoughtfully. Cheers! :))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home