Sunday, November 13, 2005

The hypotenuse of Christmas



"How is that formula of hypotenuse and legs of a right triangle?" This was the difficult doubt of my mom, and she needed the formula to do the model of ‘singing Christmas tree’ to choir children. "The square of the hypotenuse is the sum of the legs of the right triangle", I guessed. And I guessed wrong: the triangle got crippled – the poor hypotenuse was smallest than the legs of the right triangle, and it can’t happen.

The solution? Search on ‘dad of fools’, our dear and loved Google. Right formula: the square of hypotenuse is the square of the legs of the right triangle, your little fool girl. My mom made the count, and everything was right. Google saved Christmas. And my mom said to me: "I always believed that I would never need this formula in my life..."

___


I don’t like Santa Klaus. For me, that smiling old man hides some sinister secret. That kind face, those rosy cheeks and that way of laughing hohoho sounds me very bad. Maybe that’s the reason why I don’t want my future children believe this. I even can hear my future sweet daughter saying to her colleagues in kindergarten: "Santa Klaus does not exist, he’s just a Christmas symbol!" - with that superior way that children show off when they demonstrate some knowledge. That’s it. In the beginning I’ll say that he’s a Christmas symbol. Later I’ll say that he’s a symbol that got the status of X-mas symbol through a Coke advertisement many years ago, and he was spread around the world just to make people buy much more.

But I’ll confess one thing: I love Christmas cribs. You’re a christian protestant; protestants don’t have Christmas ones! I know that, I know...shhhh can you say this lower, please? :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home