Friday, September 08, 2006

Movies and Marques



Two days off. 7th September: Brazil Independence Day. 8th September: Day of Vitória City. It's cold and I look like a lazy girl that just wants to watch DVD movies all the day. Yesterday we watched: "The Merchant of Venice", because of Al Pacino, Jeremy Irons and...Shakespeare. Then "Scent of Woman", because we really love Al Pacino. And "Analyze That", with Billy Cristal and Roberto De Niro, because my mom is a pshychoanalist. Today? Hmmm...maybe "Bowling for Columbine", by Michael Moore, because my mom is really a psychoanalist, "The White Countess" with that British blue eyed boy Ralph Fiennes, and "Syriana", with George Clooney (mom likes him) and Matt Damon.

Have you ever read a Gabriel García Marques book? Last year I read "Chronicle of a Death Foretold" and it's...how can I say? It's perfect. Every word, every sentence, every paragraph is in the right place. Reading a Marques book is not just reading a book, is to meet the perfection use of the language. He has the "word power", is a wizard and I could understand the reason why he awarded the Nobel Prize by reading this only one book. Reading a Marques book is to feed ourselves. Every sentence, every paragraph is a meal. It's a unique experience. I'd like to have this word power...I think I write well in Portuguese. But if I had just 10% of his power I'd be very pleased ;)


Take care, friends. Ian, I hope you're better, and Jayan, where are you? ;)

Bye, babies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home